Many individuals invest a great deal of care in their careers and make smart decisions with their money, yet for some reason ignore the critical component of protecting their assets and ensuring they pass to loved ones in the manner they choose by creating a comprehensive estate plan. The estate planning attorneys at Milburn & Massey help individuals throughout central Oklahoma accomplish this important matter.
Your estate plan should reflect you, your values and the people in your life who are important to you. Whether you have modest assets or a complex estate that you wish to protect from taxes and bypass probate, we have the experience, the knowledge and the tools to help you accomplish your goals.
Because lives change more rapidly than ever, we encourage our clients to review their estate plan with us every five years to make sure they continue to accomplish the desired objectives.
Anyone with any amount of assets — a family home, a retirement account or other investments — should work with a knowledgeable estate planning attorney to create, at minimum, a will and durable powers of attorney, which names someone who can make financial and health care decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated and are unable to do so.
Our Personalized Plans Are Tailored To Accomplish Your Objectives
We invest a great deal of time with each of our clients to ensure that his or her estate planning documents achieve the desired outcome. Our attorneys are extremely qualified and experienced in all aspects of estate planning, including the following:
- Wills that provide instructions on how to distribute your assets and name a guardian for any minor children
- Trusts that accomplish any number of specific goals, including minimizing taxes, bypassing probate, supplementing government benefits for a disabled family member or gifting assets to children and grandchildren
- Establishing durable powers of attorney for health care and financial matters
- Family entity planning, including the creation of limited partnerships and family limited liability companies
- Marital property agreements (prenuptial and postnuptial agreements)
- Business succession planning
Also Assisting With Estate Administration And Litigation
Our estate planning lawyers also help individuals who have been named executor of an estate navigate the probate process, and we represent clients in estate litigation when disputes arise over the administration of an estate.
We work with clients throughout central Oklahoma from offices in Shawnee and Edmond. We invite you to schedule a meeting in which we can answer your questions and recommend an effective course of action.